Wednesday 27 February 2013

First Sketches!! These are all rough, as I'm still experimenting!!

Two versions of Airhaven. I couldn't decide which one to use personally, because my brother felt it would be more like the one on the left, but I thought it would be more like the one on the right.
 My first idea of Hester Shaw. I'm not doing hair just yet as it's difficult for me to do, but I'm pretty happy with the face thus far.
 An EXTREMELY rough drawing of Batmunkh Gompa.
Valentine is one of the more difficult characters for me. I just can't seem to get the shape of the hair right!! I based him mainly on Sean Bean, because of the strong face and long nose.

1 comment:

  1. I like what I see so far. Especially early Batmunkh Gompa. I think Hester's scarring would go across her face though. I'm pretty sure Philip Reeve wrote it so. I always had visions of the scar running down from one eyebrow, taking the eye, then veering across her face, smashing her nose and ending across the right side of her lips to give her that trademark crooked snarl.

    Keep up the good work! You're doing far better than I did at this.

    ReplyDelete