For my project, I need as much detailed information about the book as possible. Not only did this require making notes and re-reading certain parts of the book, but I have also produced a short questionnaire for fans of the book to complete. My hope is that Mr Reeve will also view this questionnaire and take time to answer some of the questions, as I have been thoroughly searching for a means to contact him, but the only way I have thus far found is through Facebook.
For anyone who wishes to answer, please leave a comment below with all of your answers. Thank you very much.
1) Do you believe that there is any symbolism
behind the term ‘Mortal Engines’ and the main themes of the book? Explain.
2) Name 3 elements of the book that stood out for
you and explain why.
3) There is a distinct lack of description of the
character of Tom Natsworthy in the book. Describe how you pictured the
character in your own mind.
Is there a particular style of architecture that
you imagined there to be throughout the book?
5) What other examples of media (film, book, game,
art) would you liken to the style of Mortal Engines?
6) Hester Shaw only has one eye. Do you imagine her
with an eye-patch, a closed eye or a gaping hole?
7) Do you picture Airhaven as having air bags
beneath it, holding up the city, or airbags on ropes, attached above?
8) What is St Michael’s In the Sky?
9)Do you imagine the 13th Floor
Elevator as a zeppelin style airship or an air bag attached to a gondola by
Do you imagine the Jenny Hanniver as a zeppelin
style airship or an air bag attached to a gondola by ropes?